Tuesday, December 16, 2008

No Worries Little One

Monday at school resulted in no suspension or trips to Prinicpal. These days that sis what marks a particuraly great day in our books. Partner goes to school on Mondays to help in the classroom in the afternoon. That sometimes results in a bettter day.

Butterfly seemed more focused last night too. When I would direct her to an activity, she would listen after the first two or so times. Often it takes several minutes to redirect.

I have noticed that she has begun ginding her teeth. It has to be stress related. If I begin talking to Butterfly about school, she begins grinding. Or if she is upset or angry. This is all so sad sometimes.

And through all of it, Butterfly is still only five years old. I told Butterfly that she needs to laugh more-honestly, I need to hear it. I reminded her that she is just a kid even though we have all these "big girl" talks now adays. I remind her to leave the worrying to me- that is my job. I remind her that kids her age shouldn't have much to worry about it- that her days should be filled with laughter and fun and learning. I tell her she can let go. Relax. And to help her, I now try to make her laugh every morning.

Yesterday, when she woke, Buttterfly began grinding her teeth right away. I stopped getting her dressed. Stopped talking about school. I started tickling her. She laughed and laughed. She begged me to stop. Then she begged for more. Sometimes it isn't until I hear her laugh that I realize how long it has been since I last heard it.

The shrink we were trying to get Butterfly Girl into see finally told us he isn't taking new patients. We are looking again.

1 comment:

Marcia said...

don't forget that you and partner need to laugh too. sending all 4 of you some laughter and lightness.