Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Communication Breakdown

Yesterday at drop off, Butterfly Girl showed Teacher all the pictures and math work she had done over the weekend. Teacher sat and listen to Butterfly. It was a good drop off.

Then I headed for Principal's office to ask about the therapist intern that left the voicemail saying she could no longer see Butterfly on Monday's. Principal had heard nothing of it. She would not come from behind the office counter- I had to talk about it front of all the parents and kids waiting in the office. I tried to speak code.

I decided to leave a note for the intern therapist and her supervisor- taped to their office door. I reminded them that we had called last week several times to follow up. I reminded them that in our SST meeting we had agreed that Butterfly would move to twice a week therapy. I reminded them that Butterfly does best with prep and closure time. I reminded them that they needed to call us- ASAP.

Later that morning, Intern calls. It is all a misunderstanding. Intern was only going to miss one Monday. Not canceling Mondays. Then why did you say you were no longer able to see Butterfly on Mondays?! Why didn't you call us back last week when we were worried, concerned and stressed? Not sure if it is from our pressure and constant follow up or the intern's ineptness but at elast Butterfly is back on the schedule.

At pick up, Principal told Partner that Butterfly had to go the her office again today- pushing another little girl. Principal was bitchy. Partner finally had a chance to follow up with Principal about the office time Butterfly was supposed to have had as a consequence last week.

Principal said she had been waiting for Teacher to tell her that Butterfly had done "something really great". Am I crazy? The morning that Butterfly was supposed to go for her consequence, Principal and I met. We specifically talked about Butterfly going to the office that day. Teacher did not know that Principal was waiting for Butterfly to doing something "great". No one knew. Maybe Princpal is crazy. The communication is horrible. I am frustrated again.

No comments: