Friday, January 23, 2009

So Simple

All is well on the home front. An amazing change has taken place at our house- even if just for the honeymoon. My stress level is so much lower even when Butterfly begins to have a moment. It is diffused so much quicker. Identifying what I am feeling, guessing what she is feeling and working together to come up with a solution completely deflates the situation (or at least most of them). It is like Butterfly finally feels like she is being heard and validated.

It seems so simple. And I certainly thought I was doing all that feely/ listening stuff before but there is something much different about this way. It is about being totally present in the moment. About recognizing Butterfly's (or whoever elses) need for sovereignty.  By trying to honor it.  I actually feel quite hippy with all these books, feelings, walking meditation- something I have always held a bit of judgement about. I am letting that go and finding myself more at peace and in tune with my family than I ever thought possible- even during difficult moments. 

And the kids seem to be drinking it in - finding new ways to express themselves, new ways to use words and ask for their needs to be met. Even three year old Brother asked me last night if he "used his words good".

Yesterday Butterfly spent the majority of the day at School by herself for the first time- Brother was sick with a cold. It went well according to Teachers- I say Teachers because there are so many adults around all day.  It is interesting because Butterfly has not brought up her old school, classmates or teacher since the second day at her new school. The reduction of stress and visible anxiety in her is remarkable. I am so grateful that we were finally granted a spot at the charter.

No comments: