Monday, January 19, 2009

I feel _________.

Wow. This non violent communication thing is a big change for us. I have found out that I am not very emotionally articulate.  Whenever the kids are fighting or  not listening all my sentences are supposed to start with "I am feeling _____ because I need ____." I find that I keep repeating that I am feeling frustrated. I need to identify some other emotions.  

I did witness a miraculous exchange between Butterfly and Brother yesterday. After brother called Butterfly "poopy" Butterfly said that she "felt sad because I need kind words."  That was amazing!

I am going to spend the day at school with her tomorrow- all day. I am very excited to see the school in action and to observe Butterfly.

We have had a great week. Butterfly told me on Friday on the way to the Therapist that she loved her new school to the moon and back to the bottom of the ocean. It definitely feels like the right move for all of us. 

Butterfly did not like the Therapist this last visit. Butterfly said she never wants to return. Partner and I go on Tuesday night to see Therapist alone- we will finally hear what has been transpiring and talk about where to go from here. I actually feel like we need to find a therapist that is fluent in this non violent communication-- that's not this guy.   We will see how it goes. Looking forward to finally talking with him again.

No comments: