Saturday, November 22, 2008

Apologize


Friday. Another rough day on the Yard. It dawns on me that maybe Butterfly Girl was playing Princess Prisoner because the Yard feels like a prison. The whole school feels like that to me now. Butterfly did not tell Partner about what happened Friday at school. We found out from Teacher instead.

This time Teacher saw the whole thing. Butterfly accidentally bumped into a boy in class. He turned around and punched her hard. She pushed him. He hit her again before Teacher could break it up. Both kids went to see Principle.

Principle wanted them both to apologize. Butterfly was crying because she was hurt (and I imagine scared). The boy apologizes. Butterfly refuses. She says she is hurt. Principle insists she apologize. Butterfly refuses. She is left in the conference room alone. Eventually, Principle lets her return to class. Teacher let's her draw in the corner until my partner arrives for end of day pick up. Does anyone remember that she is only 5 years old??!!

Teacher warns us that the boy's dad will probably approach us- angry about what happened. Apparently, he has been notorious for confronting other parents. I am so tired of all of this. I could really care less what the crazy man says or does to me. I just pray it isn't in front of Butterfly on Monday morning.

No comments: